1. Do not throw away hard pieces of stale bread. Dry them and grind and use as breadcrumbs.
2. Add a little milk to the onions while frying. This will help to retain the rich color and prevent them from burning.
3. While frying mushrooms, add a tsp of lemon juice to the butter. This will prevent them from breaking.
4. When the sauce is almost over in the chilly sauce bottle. Add some lime juice and shake well and use as a salad dressing.
5. While cooking bitter gourd add a few pieces of raw mango to remove the bitterness and add a little tang to the curry
6. To prevent the ladyfingers from turninging sticky, toss the chopped pieces in 1 tbs of lemon juice before frying or cooking.
7. To get rid of the eggy smells in cakes add 1 tbs of honey to the cake batter. The cake will taste better too.
8. Add one tablespoon of water to an egg before beating it for an omelet. The omelet will turn out fluffier and larger.
9. When frying fish add a pinch of turmeric powder to the oil to prevent the oil from spluttering out of the pan.
10. Chop an onion finely and add a tbsp of honey and a small piece of grated ginger to it and mix well and leave overnight. The syrup that collects in the morning is a safe and effective cough mixture for small children.
11. Roast 1 tbs each of basil leaves and fennel seeds and add a few pieces of dry ginger. Roast lightly and when cool powder it. Store the powder in an airtight container. Just ¼ tsp will solve gas problems.
12. To make potato chips crisp, immerse them in cold water and then dry them and fry.
13. Add a few drops of mustard oil while grinding red chillies. The chilli paste will be deep red in color.
14. Remove the excess salt from a gravy by adding a morsel of cooked rice or a small ball of chapati dough to absorb the excess salt.
15. If ur Cake has burnt a little on the top, or risen unevenly - don't panic. Slice the top off which removes the burnt piece and levels the surface, turn the cake over using the bottom of the cake as the top. Coat with icing as usual. Use dental floss to slice the top off.