Faizel Patel, Radio Islam News - 07-01-2017
The South African Hajj and Umrah Council (SAHUC) has imposed strict conditions for prospective hujjaaj that have been accredited for hajj 1438.
In a statement SAHUC says with the conclusion of Hajj 1437 the registration list has gone through an external audit and streamlined resulting in the first accreditation list which is expected to be released on 10th January 2017.
SAHUC says the history of a high rate of cancellations has resulted in an unfair opportunity for late accredited Hujjaaj which puts a strain on the process to meet deadlines of furnishing information to the relevant role players in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SAHUC’s Shaheen Essop say Accreditation needs to be accepted or transferred by the 31st January 2017 failing which will result in a cancellation by SAHUC with a penalty of 30 points.
“The early release of the accreditation process helps prospective Hujjaaj to adequately plan for their upcoming Hajj. It also allows applicants to decline accreditation and transfer their applications giving others in the queue an opportunity to be accredited."
SAHUC has outlined the following procedure for accepting hajj accreditation:
- Release date will be 10th January 2017 and final acceptance date shall be 31st January 2017.NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- Payment for accreditation has been set at ZAR 1430.00 for Hajj 1438. Any applicant who paid a fee last year and did not request a refund will pay the additional top up of ZAR130.00. They must also provide the required proof of payment for their accreditation last year.
- Choosing an operator will take place after the Hajj Operator Accreditation process is complete. Final choice of an Operator shall be 28 February 2017. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GIVEN. Any Hajji not linked to an Accredited Hajj Operator by that date will have their accreditation revoked and a penalty of 30 points will be deducted from their score.
- All accredited hujjaaj will be notified by way of SMS message of their accreditation for Hajj 1438
- All queries will be centralized through email@example.com
Essop says SAHUC iS confident the new enhancement will allow opportunity for better preparation spiritually, mentally, physically and financially.
“We sincerely request accredited Hujjaaj to act responsibly by abiding to the process.”