Faizel Patel, Radio Islam News - 27-12-2017
The Johannesburg Roads Agency (JRA) has announced it will be closing off all roads leading to the M1 North and South on the Double Decker (DD) section for New Year’s Eve celebrations to ensure the safety of officials as well as of road users.
The JRA says the roads will be closed at 20:00 on 31 December 2017 and will be reopened after 01:00 on New Year’s Day.
It has urged motorists to seek alternate routes and continue to maintain safety on the roads.
The following sections will be completely closed:
- M1 South Smit Street on-ramp
- M1 South Carr Street on-ramp
- M1 North: Crown interchange to DD - motorists are advised to use M2 East
- M2 West: Crown interchange to DD
- M1 North on-ramp from Booysens Road: Selby to M1 North DD
M2 East: Eloff Street: on-ramp will not be closed but motorists should be aware that access to the M1 North is closed.