Faizel Patel, Radio Islam News - 13-01-2018
All hujjaj including South Africans embarking and travelling on the spiritual journey of hajj in 1439/2018 will require biometrics to be processed.
This is according to the South African Hajj and Umrah Council (SAHUC) who says it was informed of the decision by the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Pretoria during a meeting on the 11 January.
In a statement Sahuc Secretary General Moaaz Casoo says, the Saudi Embassy also confirmed that official communication regarding Biometrics would be send to the hajj body.
“We will inform the public once official communication is received. At the meeting, SAHUC also raised the concern of VFS only having offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. We were verbally informed that VFS are considering opening an office in the KZN region.”
Casoo also says due to the majority of Hajj operators not having their packages ready for accreditation, it has revised the timing for selection of accredited Hajj Operators for Hajj 1439 H (2018).
“Insha'Allah accredited Hajj operators will be present at the SAHUC Roadshows. Hujaaj can discuss with Hajj Operators with regards to possible Hajj packages for 1439H (2018). However there is a possibility that some packages might exclude prices for the 5 days of Hajj until the protocol team finalises in the middle of February.”
Revised accreditation procedure as released by SAHUC.
- The release date of Accreditation will be the 15th of January 2018 at 18h:00. The South African Quota is currently 2500. Final acceptance of accreditation or transfer shall be the 05th of February 2018 at 18h00. If accreditation is not accepted or deferred, it will result in a cancellation by SAHUC with a penalty of 30 points. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- Payment for acceptance of accreditation for Hajj 1439H is ZAR 1,500.00. Any applicant who paid a fee last year and did not request a refund will pay an additional top up of ZAR 130.00. Proof of payment for their accreditation last year must also be provided. Payment must be completed by the 05th of February at 18h:00.
- A Hajj Operator selection will only be logged on the SAHUC system from the 06th of February. Final choice of a Hajj Operator selection shall be the 28th February 2018 by 18h:00. NO EXTENSIONS WILL BE GIVEN. Any Hajji not linked to an Accredited Hajj Operator by that date will have their accreditation revoked and a penalty of 30 points will be deducted from their score.
- All accredited hujjaaj will be notified via SMS of their accreditation for Hajj 1439H. DO NOT RESPOND TO THE SMS, log onto the system and accept accreditation and Hajj operators on the SAHUC system at www.sahuchajjregistry.org.za
- All queries will be centralised through firstname.lastname@example.org