Naumaan Panchbhaya - 20-07-2017
On July 16th 2017, Radio Islam International hosted a Hajj-related panel discussion, presented by Mufti Yusuf Moosagie of Radio Islam International.
The Panel Members consisted of:
- Ml Yahya Bham, Ameer of Khidmatul Awaam
- Hafez Imraan Moosa
- Sheikh Imraan Sabaan
- Ml Moosa Olgar
With decades of experience and commitment to the South African Hujjaaj, the panel discussion proved both informative and enlightening.
Amongst the key discussion points brought forward by the panellists, were:
- Ml Yahya Bham: In reflecting on his past experiences, reminded listeners that Hujjaaj are the guests of Allah SWT and return, inshaAllah with blessings. As such., it is vital for them to have good character on their journey.
- Hafez Imraan Moosa: He emphasized on the importance of making salaam and being patient whilst on the Hajj.
- Ml Olgar: He reminded the Hujjaaj to develop the correct mind-set, and reassuringly expanded on some of the common errors that the Hujaaj make, due to nervousness.
- Shaykh Sabaan: He discussed the essential role that love and focus plays in the journey of Hajj.
Some noteworthy facts shared on the panel:
- South African Hujjaaj are one of the largest walking Hajj groups in the world. [Ml. Olgar]
- The Haaji should carry his / her medication in their hand luggage; it is necessary for patients on chronic medication to carry their medical letters on Hajj.
- We need to travel to the Hajj with unity and love [ Sh. Sabaan]
- Whilst the Hujjaaj are in Madinah Munawwarah, they should contemplate on the importance of the example of what Rasoolullah SAW left for us on how to perform the Hajj and draw closer to Allah.
- A great number of Hujjaaj tire themselves out ahead of the actual days of Hajj, whereby they are unable to carry out the rituals of Hajj.
- The purpose of the Hajj is such that when the Haaji returns home, he / she understand s the need to be of benefit to mankind.
Interesting questions that arose from listener interaction included that of:
- Balancing shopping whilst on the Hajj journey
Tips for potential Hujjaaj:
- Ensure Fardh salah is performed on time
- Use the services provided by the Muassasa
- Stya hydrated
- Go early to the Haram, to avoid the larger crowds that come in later
- Orientate yourself with landmarks
- Keep your operator and Ameer’s contact details at hand
- Take precaution when purchasing food from restaurants in KSA (Halaal meat)
- Eat bananas and dates prior to the days of Hajj; this helps build energy reserves.
The best amongst you is one who is most beneficial to people. This is what Haj should bring about – the Spirit of Khidmat. The reward is great, the sacrifice is great, the goal is noble.
May Allah SWT grant all Hujjaaj a Hajj Mabroor and Hajj Maqbool – Aameen
Listen to the podcast here:
Follow Naumaan on Twitter at: @Naumaan26