By Mumtaz Moosa Saley
Many families don’t go away over the long December holidays, while many look for things to do in and aroundJohannesburg, I searched High and low to bring you budget-friendly ideas for the holidays.
1. Roll Egoli Roller Rink will bring many parents some nostalgia and the kids will have fun while learning the art of Roller skating. Roll Egoli is based in Bryanston.
2. Sci- Bono must be on everyone’s list this year and every year. This year they have added a climbing wall and host of science classes for kids during the holidays. Sci-Bono is situated in Newtown and kids from the age of 3 will enjoy the visit.
3. Have some family fun at the amazing City Rock, its rows and rows of wall climbing fun, ensuring that kids get leave the venue exhausted after a fun-filled day.
4. Education is always key in the development of a child, the James Hall Museum of Transport is a must-visit for kids who love cars.
5. A Sunday drive is a perfect time to visit the cableway in Hearties, while the view is amazing from the cableway you can make it a fun-filled day with a picnic after.
6. Modder Birds and sculpture park is a rare find but an amazing place to have a picnic while enjoying the finer things that nature has to offer. The park is open to the public but they do have times, they are based in Modderfontien.
7. 44 Stanley Avenue, the most established precinct on the edge of downtown Joburg fusing downtown urbanism with a gentle softness. The area has an
amazing kid’s play area.
8. Midrand has a hidden gem the herb farm, the herb farm has over 400 herbs and promote education around healthy eating.
9. Irene dairy farm is a fun interactive space while kids get to learn all about the process of diary, nestled in Centurion is a must-visit for kids.
10. Playhouse Alberton provides endless fun for kids up to the age of ten. The giant ball pit must be the highlight of this venue.