½ cup vermicelli finely crushed
2 tblsps ghee or butter
5 cups milk
½ can condense milk
1 fresh coconut finely grated
¼ tsp ground elachi
1 can cream 290g
• Braise vermicelli in ghee or butter for a little while. DO NOT ALLOW TO BROWN
• Add milk and allow to boil.
• Add the condense milk and half of the coconut
• Allow to boil until thick then remove from heat and add elachi.
• Place half the mixture into a serving bowl and dot with jam all over
• Spoon some cream on top then sprinkle with coconut.
• Repeat procedure once again, ending with a layer of coconut
• Decorate with cherries and almonds
Boil together: 1 litre milk and 2 tblsp maziena
Make a paste with the following: 2 tblsp coffee, 3 tblsp Milo and 3 tblsp hot chocolate...
Boil together ½ cup water and 1 ½ tsp ghas powder. Once boiled add to above
Give everything a good boil.
Remove from heat and strain.
Add in 1 small tin nestle cream and condense milk to sweeten.
Beat with beater and pour into bowls and allow to set.
RECIPE COURTESY KHATIJA EBRAHIM
DELIGHTFUL DESSERT RECIPE BOOK