500g (5 cups) Klim milk powder
125ml- ½ cup nestle cream
125ml- ½ cup melted ghee
250ml- 1 cup sugar
125ml- ½ cup water
125 - ¼ cup ground almonds
125ml (½ cup) thick ghee
500ml 2 cups desiccated coconut
125ml (½ cup) nestle cream
3 ml ½ cardamom powder (elachi)
1 can (397g) condensed milk
Coloured slivered almonds for decoration
Place Klim ½ cup nestle cream and ½ cup ghee in a mixing bowl and rub until evenly mixed. Set aside.
Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Allow to dissolve and bring to the boil. Boil for ten minutes.
Add ground almonds, thick ghee, coconut, extra nestle cream, cardamom and Klim mixture.
Cook over low heat whilst stirring, until the mixture appears dryish.
Add condensed milk and continue to stir over gentle heat until mixture has thickened. (About 30 minutes).
Spread into a deep tray (28 * 18cm) and decorate with the almonds. Allow to cool and cut into squares or triangles or alternatively, roll into tiny balls and place into small paper cups.
Note: Allow to set for 6 – 8 hours before cutting Burfee to serve
- Talk of the Town chicken recipe (26.07.18)
- Calistos chicken recipe (26.07.18)
- A selection of padkos recipes ideal for Hujjaj when travelling (19.07.18)
- A selection of snack recipes for your Hajj journey (19.07.18)
- Quick and easy recipes for teens (05.07.18)
- Meal recipe with canned and frozen foods (21.06.18)
- Saucy Chops (07.06.18)
- Date and Walnut Cake (07.06.18)
- 3 Ingredient dessert recipe (31.05.18)
- Kheer recipe (31.05.18)
- Favourite olden savoury recipes (24.05.18)
- Lemony lentil soup (17.05.18)
- The chicken that flew (17.05.18)
- Jungle oats and weetbix haleem recipe (17.05.18)
- Polenta Triangle Recipe (10.05.18)
First National Bank
NAME: Radio Islam
May Allah Reward You, Aameen