OLD FORGOTTEN RECIPES OF INDIAN DISHES..
KITCHARI RICE RECIPE
2 ½ CUPS RICE
1/2 CUP MUG DHAL
3 TSP SALT
PINCH OF ARAD
3 TAB WHITE VINEGAR
- Boil about 6 cups of water
- soak the dhal in boiling water for half an hour
- Once water boils add dhal ,salt,arad,vinegar
- Boil for about 5 minutes then add rice for about 10 minutes
- Drain in colander. Wash out pot and grease pot with ghee
- Add your rice add about2 cups water and steam .Once steamed make vagaar with onion ,whole jeero ,rye , and limrie. Pour hot vagaar on steamed rice Ready to serve
500 ml inkomaas 125 ml fresh cream 1small grated tomato 2tab chana flour salt to taste pinch of arad and 2 to 3 tab green chutney depending how strong u want it
In a pot make jeero hot with a little oil Once oil is hot add inkomaas mixture and whisk on stove till boiling point Add fresh curry leaves and boil little while longer Serve with kitchree Enjoy
1 cup mugh
1 big onion
2 or 3 tomatoes (grated)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp arad/turmeric
1 tsp red chillies
1 tsp dry dhana
1 tsp whole jeeru
2 to 3 tblsp ginger-garlic masala
4 tblsp oil
1 cup sour milk
• Boil mugh and remove peels.
• Make vagaar with onion and jeeru
• Once vagaar is done, braise masala and spices.
• Cook for a while and add grated tomato, curry leave and 2 whole green chillies.
• Then add magh which was already boiled.
• Add the sour milk and leave to boil on low heat till thick.
• Garnish with green dhana and serve.
CHANA DHAL WITH CHICKEN OR CHICKEN FILLET
1 cup chana dhal boil till done
Drain and set aside
1/2 kg of fillet or chicken washed and cut in small pieces
In a pot make vagaar with 1big onion and 1 tsp jeero once vagaar is made braise your 2 tab ginger garlic masala 1tsp salt 1tsp arad 1tab dry dhana add your chicken and cook till water burns out
Then u take 2 nice big red tomatoes chopped and add to chicken Cook for a while then add baby marrows or dhodi at this stage Cook till done then add chana dhal and cook till nice and thick Add chopped greens Serve hot with rotis and khacoomer
SOUR BHINDA (OKRA)
Heat 2 tblsp of oil with 1 tblsp whole Jeeru
Add half kg cut up bhinda and Stir fry with garlic green chillies for few minutes, then add Dhana, Jeeru, salt Arad and red chillies.
Add 1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup water
2 tsp chana flour
Pinch of arad
When stickiness is of bhinda and it is and nicely braised throw in above yogurt mixture and cook till thick. Add lot green dhania
Serve with roti
Vengra (cubed) brinjals
Chicken fillet ( cubed)
Make 1 onion vagaar, when onion is soft add above ingredients and cook on low till almost done, add 1 grated tomato and cook till done.
Make khari and add above mixture to khari (fresh cream has to be added to khari) boil till thick and serve with rotla