1 cup sifted flour
1 tsp taystee wheat/semolina
1 ¼ tsp salt or garlic salt
2 tblsp softened butter
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp crushed jeera
groung green chillies
• rub in butter to make a crumbed mixture
• now add in a yoghurt and milk mixture to bind soft dough...
bind dough with leftover sour milk /dhai...
it’s a perfect way to use leftovers...
• the dough should be sticky, gluey dough like a dumpling batter
• set aside for 10 minutes
• meanwhile prepare the potato filling of choice
• cool well
• make into equal sized balls
• heat oil for deep frying
• wet your fingers and palm, put the ballof potato filling in the centre
• coat the potatoe ball well and evenly
• work lightly but be quick.
• oil must be medium hot...not boiling hot
• put the ball in and fry till a lovely golden colour
• remove onto a paper towel
ENJOY THIS CRISPY DELIGHTFUL TEXTURE
NOT SOGGY AND DOES NOT SOAK UP OIL AT ALL
U CAN USE THIS BATTER WITH DIFFERENT FILLINGS
STEAK N POTATO
RECIPE COURTESY: BIBI AYSHA KADWA - SUNNYSIDE CLASSICS
Instagram: bbak_sunnyside _classics
Face book: Sunnyside by bibi Ayesha