1) fill the bottom of the container with st ones or broken pottery pieces so the roots are never sitting in water.
2) add potting soil to the container about 1/3 of the way.
3) place the tree on top of the soil and fill in dirt around it. the root ball should be slightly above the soil. press the dirt in tight around the root ball.
4)water the tree everyday. it is better to water a lit tle each day t han to water a lot once a week.
5) pick a location for your tree that has sourthern Sun. if you put your tree outside in the summer, protect it from driving wind and rain.
6) fertilize the trees every other month with compost by placing it around the top of the soil or mixing it in on the top.
7) let the tree root bound if do not want it to grow any larger.
8) when the tree flowers, use a paintbrush and brush the insde of the flower to pollinate it if the plant is kept indoors. outside the bees will do the pollinating so do not keep them away from the tree.