1 cup snowflake nutty wheat
1 cup cake flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1ml cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
4 teaspoons chopped fresh mixed herbs or 3 teaspoons dried mixed herbs.
1 red or green pepper, seeded and finely chopped.
1 cup grated cheese
2 extra large eggs
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon cooking oil
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together. Add bran left behind in sieve.
2. Add herbs, pepper and cheese.
3. Whisk eggs, milk and oil together and mix into dry ingredients until flour is moistened; batter should still be lumpy. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins until two-thirds full.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 â€“ 25 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe makes 8 cheese herb muffins.
For mini-muffins grease small paper cups and bake for 10 â€“ 15 minutes.
Makes about 20.