CURRENTLY ON AIR ⇒
  • No Show Scheduled

feedback@radioislam.org.za

Radio Islam Logo


((( Listen Live )))))
Radio Islam Logo


Hajj 1441/2020 Registration Opens in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – 70% will be Expats

Jul 07, 2020

 

Faizel Patel – 07/07/2020

(Twitter: @FaizelPatel143)

At least 10,000 people will be performing hajj this year after Saudi Arabia’s Hajj and Umrah Ministry opened registration on it’s website for those wanting to perform Hajj.

Out of the total 10,000 hujjaj, 70 percent are expected to be foreigners residing in the Kingdom, with Saudis making up the remaining 30 percent.

In a statement, the ministry says the selection of eligible expatriates and the performance of their Hajj will be strictly in line with COVID-19 protocols.

It also says expatriates between the ages of 20 and 50 who are not suffering from any chronic diseases are allowed to apply for Hajj.

The applicants must also confirm that they did not perform Hajj before and that they will remain in mandatory quarantine for 14 days before and after Hajj.

On Sunday the Saudi National Center for Disease Prevention and Control issued special health protocols for those that will be performing hajj this year including not being allowed to touch or kiss the Holy Kaaba and the Hajre Aswad and they have to use packaged sterilized pebbles for stoning the Jamarat in Mina.

ADVERTISE HERE

Prime Spot!!!

Contact:
advertisingadmin@radioislam.co.za 

Related Articles

Petrol & Diesel Prices to Increase from Wednesday

Petrol & Diesel Prices to Increase from Wednesday

Faizel Patel – 03/08/2020 (Twitter: @FaizelPatel143) The Energy Department announced the price of all grades petrol will increase by 5 cents per litre from Wednesday. The prices of different both grades of diesel (0.05% sulphur) and (0.005% sulphur) increases by 45...

read more

Subscribe to our Newsletter

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *