Faizel Patel - 24/03/2020
As South Africa prepares for a nationwide lockdown, the South African Hajj and Umrah Council (SAHUC) has announced that hajj awareness programmes in Johannesburg and Cape Town have been postponed until further notice.
In a statement, Sahuc says their officers will also be closed during the lockdown imposed by President Cyril Ramaphosa on Monday to mitigate the spread of coronavirus in South Africa.
Sahuc says they will inform South Africans on the status of Hajj 2020 if and when they receive communication from the Hajj and Umrah Ministry in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
“Sahuc will also await any directive from the South African Government of we have any travel restrictions.”
Earlier this month the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s Hajj Ministry instructed Hajj operators put all Hajj administration on hold until further notice.