COURTESY: MUMTAZ MOOSA
• Heat 2 cups (500 ml) sugar and 1 cup (250ml) water, stirring until the water has dissolved.
• I have put less sugar in the one I made, I used half a cup only as the watermelon I bought was sweet.
• Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup (38g) of basil to infuse for 30 min. Cool and strain. ( instead of basil mint works like a charm
• Blitz 1.5kg of seedless watermelon in a good processor.
• Combine the above syrup and ad 1/2 lemon juice.
• Place in a freezer safe bowl and freeze over night
• Place mixture in a food processor blitz until smooth.
• Whisk 2 egg whites until foamy and fold your frozen mixture, making sure it is well combined. Freeze for 4-6 hours before serving.
• omit egg whites if you have an allergy or not in the mood, it is optional)
• Recipe serves 8 people depends on bowl size.
• It easy and flop proof.
• The nice thing about this is you can play around with sweet melon and use the same recipe with out the lemon juice and basil.