CURRENTLY ON AIR ⇒
  • Ml Junaid Kharsany
    Tue, 6:20 pm - 7:00 pm

feedback@radioislam.org.za

Radio Islam Logo


((( Listen Live )))))
Radio Islam Logo


Ramaphosa Announces SA to Move to Level 1 of COVID-19 Lockdown from Midnight on Sunday

Sep 16, 2020

Faizel Patel – 16/09/2020

(Twitter: @FaizelPatel143)

President Cyril Ramaphosa has announced that the country will move to level 1 of the COVID-19 lockdown from midnight on Sunday, 20 September.

Ramaphosa was addressing the nation on Wednesday night on developments in the country’s response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Ramaphosa met with the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC) on Monday where it is believed that a further relaxation of lockdown was discussed.

Ramaphosa says now is the time to return our country and economy to a situation that is more normal to what it was six months ago and it is time for our new normal.

“Following consultations with provincial and local government representatives, and drawing on the advice of scientists and engagements with various stakeholders, Cabinet decided this morning that the country should move to alert level 1.” 

Ramaphosa also announced that with the move to alert level 1, the country  will gradually and cautiously ease restrictions on international travel.

While some countries with higher infection rates will be banned, Ramaphosa says all travellers will be required to download the COVID-19 smartphone mobile app.

“We will be allowing travel into and out of South Africa for business, leisure and other travel with effect from 1 October 2020.This will be subject to all the health protocols, include the wearing of masks and washing or sanitising of hands. One of the earliest measures we took to contain the spread of the virus was to severely restrict international arrivals & to close our borders.”

Ramaphosa says travellers will only be allowed to use three main airports, OR Tambo International, Cape Town International and King Shaka International in KwaZulu-Natal.

Ramaphosa also announced that the maximum number of people who may attend a funeral is increased from 50 to 100 due to the higher risk of viral transmission at funerals.

The curfew will now be from 00:00 to 04:00

ADVERTISE HERE

Prime Spot!!!

Contact:
advertisingadmin@radioislam.co.za 

Related Articles

Saudi Arabia Dismantles ‘Terror Cell’

Saudi Arabia Dismantles ‘Terror Cell’

Saudi Arabia claims to have smashed a so called ‘terror cell’ that had allegedly received training from Iran’s Revolutionary Guards. Al Jazeera reports that weapons and explosives had been seized, at two locations, a house and a farm, and that 10 people had been...

read more

Subscribe to our Newsletter

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Enable Notifications    Ok No thanks