10 MINUTE ARABIC DOUGH RECIPE
2 cups warm water
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp yeast
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk powder- secret ingredient that makes ’em so soft
Mix together and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
1/2 cup oil
3 cups flour+ 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
Mix well and knead until combined then use as desired.
I let it sit for another 30 minutes.
Roll out , brush with butter and sprinkle brown sugar cinnamon and almonds.
Roll into a swissroll, cut 4 cm place on tray, allow to rise
Once baked throw over chocolate sauce
This dough can be uses for pizzas, calzones buns , pitas and subs..
JAM DOUGHNUT RECIPE
1 cup milk
3 tblsp castor sugar
1 x 10g pkt instant yeast
2 cups cake flour
2 cups self raising flour
Pinch of salt
• Boil milk and set aside
• Soften butter and mix with castor sugar and add eggs one by one
• Mix well and add yeast, sifted flours and salt
• Gradually add the cooled boiled milk and mix to form a soft dough.
• Leave dough in a sealed Tupperware container to rise.
• Once dough has risen,oil hands lightly and make small balls
• Using finger make a small dent in the middle and put ½ to 1 tsp firm apricot jam.. jam should not be runny.
• Carefully bring dough from the sides over to cover jam.
• Fry in moderately heated oil on both sides till golden brown
• Allow to cool and roll in castor sugar.
Tips.. dough nuts should be fried slowly and not in very hot oil
Doughnuts can be fried plain.. afterwards a slit can be made in each doughnut and jam can be inserted..