.. a marriage between two wonderfully different flavours, the good old creaminess of a “bread pudding” and a sweet/nutty combination of a “Baklava”.
Author : Foodeva Marsay
3 Large OR 4 Mini Butter Croissants
4 Cups Milk ( 1 litre)
3/4 Cup Cream ( Either Dessert Cream OR Thick Fresh Cream)
1/2 Cup Condensed Milk (Or to Taste)
2 Tablespoon Rose Water
1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
2-3 Tablespoons of Flaked Almonds, Sultanas, Pistachios Sliced, Each
Step by Step pic collage on blog..
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius, and prepare a baking sheet covered in Tin Foil onto which to place the casserole.
- Lightly grease a small to medium sized Rectangular Casserole with butter
- Warm the Milk, Cream, Condensed Milk, Rose water and Cardamom Powder on a medium heat, no need to boil it.
- Break the croissants into bite sized pieces, and layer this into the casserole, it is fine if it crumbles
Pour 1 and 1/2 cups of the warmed liquid, over the croissants, and scatter the dish with Sultanas, Flaked Almonds and Pistachios.
- Carefully pour the rest of the Warmed Liquid all over the the dish.
- Place the Casserole onto the prepared Baking Sheet, and bake in oven on the centre rack, for approximately 20-30 minutes, or Until Lightly golden on top.
- Take care not to over bake the dish, as it will dry out. After removing from the oven , allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes, before serving into small dessert dishes.
- Best Enjoyed warm (OR at Room Temperature), with a sprinkle of Chopped Pistachio Nuts
*KINDLY SHARE MY RECIPE AS POSTED, ©www.marriamsayed.com*
*NOTES BY FOODEVA MARSAY*
- This dessert is perfect for excess Croissants you may have, Keep them in the fridge/freezer, bring back to room temperature and use as stated in recipe.
- You may add more Sultanas, Flaked Almonds and Pistachios, to your liking.
- I Use The Tin Foil onto a Baking Sheet, to help catch any spills that may occur from the gently bubbling liquid while in the oven, “No Need to cry over Spilled Milk ;-)”